Monday, October 20, 2008

Sorry...These Bears Aren't Very Good

OK....so their tied for the lead in the NFC Central almost half way through the season, but does anybody think the Bears can compete with elite NFL teams. I sure don't. Despite the fact they racked up 48 points against a Minnesota team that didn't impress me at all, the Bears were even less impressive. I know the secondary is banged up, but give me a break. They picked off Gus Ferrotte 4 times and the special teams scored 2 touchdowns and they STILL gave up 41 points. I'm sorry, I just don't see this team going anywhere. They may be good enough to win the NFC Central, just because it's so bad, but the Bears are a bad football team right now.

On the positive side, the defense didn't' completely choke away a 4th quarter lead this week. Oh...they tried, letting the Vikings convert a 4th and 16 in the waning minutes to eventually let them close the gap to 7 points. I don't understand how a defense consistently can let the opposition convert big plays like that. Let me get back to the positive points. Kyle Orton actually has played half way decent the last few weeks, and I say that with teeth clenched. I'm not a Kyle Orton fan by any stretch of the imagination. I can't like a QB who can't complete a pass he has to throw more then 25 yards in the air. However, in his defense, he has played well enough to win the last few weeks. The score probably would have been a bit more lopsided if Marty Booker could have hung on to the two TD passes he dropped.

I'll leave it at that for now. Next week is an off week and I think the Bears have what should be a SURE victory in store after the break against the lowly Lions. Let's enjoy the victory for what it's worth and hope the team can somehow find a way to separate themselves from a very mediocre NFC Central division.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Bears are horrible. They will not even win their division. 100% sure they will choke.

Anonymous said...

Let me guess, you think the Lions will win? Bears have just a good shot of taking the division as the the Packers or Vikings.

Good Dokter said...

Anybody that has the ability to go 8-8 in that division can win it. That means the Lions will be eliminated in another week or so.